Writing Start: 9:54
Total New Words (est.): 0
Edited (est.): 12400
1. Book Three Melody: Primary edits of chapter twenty-two
Notes: They were completed today; most were done over my so-called "break." It's an excellent chapter.
2. Dreamcatcher: Edited what I've written so far in chapter four
3. Cheapery St. Heroes Book Three: Off till 6/22
4. Firefly: Edited what I've written so far in chapter nineteen
5. Angel: Book Three: Primary edits of chapter eight
Notes: I've got a couple more; I did most of them on my "break" last week.
6. Stories from the Quiet: Off till 5/12
7. The Good Place: Edited what I've written so far in chapter three
8. The White City: Off till 5/13
Transcribing Montaigne: 2 paragraphs
Thought of the Day: It was nice powering down a little last week, though as you can tell from the task list above, it wasn't a full power-down. Not even half of one, really.
Still, it was restful. Kye and I spent it dealing with the minor side effects of our first COVID-19 shot. My bursitis flared up; and I got a low-level migraine that hung on the balance of five days, but beyond that, nothing major. Kye was the same: she too suffers migraines, which flared up; and her cycle has been thrown off a bit. Again, no biggie.
Our second shot is scheduled for the 19th.
The gullibility, not to mention the cowardice, both physical and moral, of so many millions who, instead of admitting to all three, dive even deeper into Lake Crazy, where the anti-vaxxers, Qanons, and various fungal species of MAGAts swarm, isn't much of a surprise anymore to me. Not after nearly half of them voted for Trump. If anything, COVID-19 has shown, for good and possibly forever, just how broke America is. We're broke spiritually; we're broke morally; and we're broke courageously. Our dysfunction now threatens our democracy, not to mention all life on Earth.
If you haven't gotten your shots, get them. Post up. Do the right thing.
Have a good evening.