Writing start: 9:37 A.M.
Finish: 2:49 P.M.
Total new words (est.): 700
Edited (est.): 10400Tasks
1. Failure: First secondary edit of chapters fourteen and fifteen
2. Book Three Melody: Off
3. Angel: Book Three: 400 new words
Notes: My writing system works beautifully--when I step out of its way and let it. Ultimately, it isn't the number of words you write every day, but their quality. And if that means 400 or 300 or 100 or just 10 words, that's fine. I resent that for so long I was brainwashed into believing I had to swing for the fences every day. But I don't. Just stepping up to the plate is a victory all by itself.
4. Random Chance Book Two: Off
5. Port Story: Read-through of chapter four
6. Hidden Bookmarks: 300 new words
Notes: The story is coming together slowly. Today a new character is introduced, one who will help Kincaid as she goes along.
7. T-Bag: Second primary edit of chapter five
8. N.V. (Zelena fan fiction): Fourth secondary edits: Off till 8/19
Special Projects: Worked on "Looking Out Her Bedroom Window" (Melody BIII).
Extra notes: Extra Notes is going to become a separate feature when I start my next posting cycle. I've always got a rant-or-other bubbling down deep, but they take work to write, organize, and edit, all of which I do extemporaneously. Giving Extra Notes feature status will remove some of their impromptu-ness, give me time to think about what I want to say, and provide a little more balance to my writing workday.