Writing start: 9:41 A.M.
Finish: 3:39 P.M.
Total new words (est.): 0
Edited (est.): 18500 + edited 2 poems + edited Add-ons
1. Failure: Align edit chapter eighteen
2. Book Three Melody: Off till October 4
3. Love Story: Off
4. Ant story: Read-through
5. Fractalverse: Edited last two poems written
6. Firefly: Primary edit number one of chapter twelve
7. Gilligan: Primary edit number one of chapter three
8. The Cheapery St. Heroes: Book Two: Secondary edit number one of chapter one
Special: Edited Melody's "Add-ons"
Extra notes: Melody's Add-ons is a Word document, usually around twelve pages, that asks questions of the story as it is written, or details events not yet written, or provides connections between one event and another, or one character and another, or (of course) connections between events and characters. It has been in existence for fifteen years and has been edited countless times.
I am not like most writers. I don't "map out" or outline chapters or stories before I write them. I endeavor instead to keep every moment fresh and as untarnished by my conscious intrusions as possible. The Add-ons are a very effective (for me, at least) means for me to explore possible story lines and consequences as the story progresses. I read them over once every three months or so. Despite all those notes, and the time between reading them, there has never been an instance where at least one connection or character or event hasn't been brought clearer, thereby progressing and tightening the story arc itself.