Writing start: 10:27 A.M.
Finish: 2:41 P.M.
Total new words (est.): 200
Edited (est.): 16,500
1. Failure: Special read-through (Ch.6)
2. Book Three Melody: Read-through
3. Watson: Special read-through (Ch.7)
4. Love Story: Off till Monday
5. Rumpel: Primary edit number two.
6. Ant story: Read-through
7. Dread Pirate Roberts (2): 200 new words
Notes: Amazing what a day can do. It's like the story simmers on the back burners of one's mind. You return to it and more is waiting for you to write, when the day before there was nothing!
8. Book edit of The Candle: Off till next Thursday
Extra notes: I've hit a new month high for April today on the blog. Right now it's at 64 pageviews, with two and a half hours left before the counter resets to 0. Very cool.
Publishing, either legacy or indie, is a heartless, cutthroat realm. It's also grossly misleading, the playing field is anything but level, forums are almost exclusively focused on marketing, and audiences expect that you give your hard work away for free.
That last one I've been thinking about pretty much nonstop for days now. I might write a rant on it Sunday. We'll see.